Labels

Friday 31 May 2013

Malidzano ( Macedonian aubergine spread )

Im a big fan of aubergine spread I like them all, from the one with mayonnaise that my mom use to make to the simple aubergine puree mixed with olive oil that my friend Andy use to make till my latest "crush" baba ghanoush. While I was browsing for new ways to eat my aubergine spread I found variations of this simple Macedonian dip.

Ingredients :

  • 1 big aubergine
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 150 gr reduced fat feta cheese
  • 50 gr walnuts 
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil 
  • a dash of fresh ground pepper 
Stab the aubergine from place to place with a fork or with a knife and grill it in a grill pan on medium high heat for 20-25 min turning it on a different side every now and then. Alternatively you can cook it in the oven but I feel that using a grill pan gives it a bit of a smoky flavour.
When cooked a cooled a bit peel it and leave it in a strainer for 10-15 min. In a food processor with an S blade mix all the ingredients except the feta cheese. Pulse for 35-40 seconds until the walnuts are grounded and then add the feta and pulse a few times until you have a dip but you can still see some feta crumbles. And that's it.

I served it with grilled peppers, blue maize organic baked tortilla chips  and raw pitta bread bought this evening from a health shop.

1 comment:

  1. Healthy cooking techniques allow you to boost flavor and cut calories. Healthy cooking techniques capture the flavor and nutrition of the food without extra salt or fat. You can use basic cooking techniques to cook healthy food.

    ReplyDelete