Labels

Thursday 27 June 2013

Gordon Ramsay's Stuffed Roasted Chicken

I know I haven't been posting for the past week or so but I will make it up with this delicious festive recipe. I wrote it down while watching Ramsay's ultimate cookery course and tried it a few days later for my partner's birthday and I can assure you it was fantastic.


For this recipe you will need :

  • 1 bird ready to be stuffed 
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 chorizo ring 225-250 gr (read the ingredients and make sure is made without sugar or dextrose)
  • 2 shallots 
  • 1 can of cannellini beans
  • 1/2 cup semi- dried tomatoes chopped
  • salt , pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon
  • 400 ml white wine
  • 400 ml water
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 5-6 springs of fresh thyme
For the stuffing heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chopped shallots. Cook until translucent then add the chopped chorizo and the tomatoes and stir. Cook for 4-5 min on medium heat then add the drained beans and stir again. Add the salt and pepper to taste turn of the fire and set aside.
Rub the chicken with the paprika, fill it with the stuffing and cover it with the lemon so the stuffing won't come out.

Place the chicken in a roasting pan . Add the water , wine and the fresh thyme. Cover it with aluminium  foil and place in a preheated oven.

 Slow cook it for about 2 hours more or less depending on the size of the bird .Mine was quite small and I found that 2 h was a bit too much and even the stuffing was more than needed ( I ate it with a spoon while waiting for the chicken to roast :)) ). The recipe is ideal for at least 1.5 kg chicken.


After about 1 hour and 30 min remove the foil so the skin will get brown and crispy. When ready place the chicken on a wooden platter or any dish of your choice. Remove the lemon cut in two and squeeze the inside in the juices from the roasting pan. Strain it and use into the stuffing and on top of the chicken while serving.

Enjoy it with a spoonful of stuffing and some green salad.

10 comments:

  1. I've seen on YouTube Gordon's episode about Ultimate Cookery Course and I've prepared his recipe "Stuffed Roast Chicken with Chorizo" but I needed the text of this recipe, because I wasnt' able to understand correctly the ingredients and process coz my English is only medium-high intermediate level. I'm from Spain. I have also a blog. I cooked and published my personal version of this recipe and it tastes was very good. Thank you. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. I enjoyed this recipe as well and it seems to be a hit with everyone. Simple to do and full of flavours xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry but these instructions are pathetic attempt at documenting this dish. His recipe uses onions, not shallots, and the reason 2 hours seems too long is because he clearly states it's 1 1/2 hours. No mention of the fact that he also adds thyme to the stuffing, and you've completely omitted garlic, one of the key ingredients of the entire dish!

    If you have to resort to blatant copying of celebrity chef recipes in order to give content to your site then try to at least make SOME effort to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous if you read carefully I stated that I was writing it down while watching his show and this is how I did his recipe, also u didn't even read this as I clearly stated I used thyme and again I did say that I used a small size chicken and 2 hours was a bit too much " Slow cook it for about 2 hours more or less depending on the size of the bird .Mine was quite small and I found that 2 h was a bit too much and even the stuffing was more than needed ( I ate it with a spoon while waiting for the chicken to roast :)) ). The recipe is ideal for at least 1.5 kg chicken."

      And I don't need his recipes to " give content " I just happen to like his cooking I also buy his books and quite often go and dine in his restaurants and yet this is the only Ramsay recipe on my blog.

      And if my only crime is omitting the garlic I can live with that :).

      Have a good day and try and relax a bit is a cooking blog not quantum physics.

      Delete
    2. but then you did already make a mistake
      you wrote" I stated that I was writing it down while watching his show and this is how I did his recipe "

      but he started with the chorizo and then added the onions

      then he first stuffed the chicken and rubbed it afterwards with paprika

      Delete
    3. None of the above will change the texture or taste of the recipe

      Delete
  3. can i use red wine instead a white wine?thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the Transcript of this Recipe. Please excuse my english. For everyone who wants to make this. 400ml wine and water is way too much, Although i remember hearing it too in the video. Just use a cup of each which is the equivalent of 200 to 280 ml . Just a tip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously be grateful that she has actually put some effort in putting this recipe up. No need for any hate or negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salmon & Sweet Potato is a combination of fresh wild-catch salmon and mackerel this gives your cat a simple meal. Frozen Chicken Wings

    ReplyDelete