Labels

Sunday 27 October 2013

Lemony Seeded Muffins

I haven't made muffins for a while now and there's no better time to bake than sunday evening :). So I made these zingy muffins full of seed goodness.

Initially the plan was to make Elana's paleo lemon poppyseed muffins but I realised I am out of poppy seeds so I changed the recipe into this :






I used :

  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp almond meal
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
  • 1 tbsp unflavoured whey protein 
  • 1 tbsp psyllium husk
  • dash of salt 
  • seeds ( chia, sunflower, pumpkin ) 1 tbsp each 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 cup agave syrup ( more if u want them sweeter )
  • 1/4 cup soured cream 
  • 3 xl eggs 
  • zest and juice of one lemon 
  • zest of one tangerine ( optional) 
In a big bowl I mixed the dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients and add them to the big bowl. Stir and add the mixture into muffin cups.

Bake for 25-30 min and let them cool completely before serving. They are delicious with a cup of tea in the evening or coffee for breakfast.

Enjoy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment