Labels

Thursday 24 October 2013

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Biscotti

I haven't baked a desert in a while so I have been browsing the internet for some " healthyfied "cookies and found some lovely biscuits ideas. I checked the cupboards and made these delicious biscotti.


For this recipe I used :

  • 2 cups hazelnut flour ( made it myself in a food processor and left some bigger chunks )
  • 2 tsp psyllium husk
  • 2 tsp milled chia seeds
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 4 tsp sweetener ( I used Truvia )
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 25 gr 99% chocolate coarsely cut 
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • pinch of salt 
You will need 2 bowls . In one you will mix the wet ingredients and in the other the dry ones. Add the wet to the dry and stir. You gonna end up with a sticky dough .

Place a parchment paper on a baking tray and pre heat the oven. Place the dough on the tray and shape it into a rectangular shape ( kinda :) ) and bake it for 25 min at 180' C .

Get the dough out let it rest for 10-15 min then slice it and turn the sliced with the cut side down and bake it for another 15 min at 160' C. Flip them over and bake for another 15 min .

Let them cool and enjoy them with a big cuppa tea or in my case with a big hot cocoa :).




No comments:

Post a Comment